Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shenkeng Tofu Street

A tofu day with Bakz and Sansan @ Shenkeng Township (Shēnkēng Xiāng 深坑鄉) , Taipei County. Sansan has been here several times, but for the two us... today is our lucky day! The place is in central taipei, near Muzha (Taipei Zoo), and imagine that's a rural but there's a big building of Holiday Inn! :)

Shenkeng is famous on its tofu. A lot of restaurants and vendors are offering different kinds of tofu, from ordinary tofu, stinky tofu, dry tofu, ice cream tofu... Upon arrival, Bakz and I  tried the barbecue tofu (not the stinky) with peanut powder and chili powder and Sansan tried the tofu with kimchi.
Then, the two of them keep on insisting that I should try the stinky tofu.
We ordered spicy stinky tofu, and bamboo shoots. I tried the tofu, sorry I really couldn't appreciate it. I can't describe the taste, but when it goes to my throat, it went out back. Well, Bakz and Sansan enjoyed it in fact we went to another place to get their second batch with duck's blood. Bakz and I tried the tofu ice cream, I got the orgininal flavor and Bakz had the caramel flavor. The taste is just like soya milk! I like it! Sansan bought her ice cream with brittle peanut powder wrapped in a spring roll wrapper. Sansan and I bought few stuff to take home. .. that's our day in Tofu Street. I think it would be nice if there's like tofu museum, or any activities that has something to do with tofu. For instance, demonstration of how to make tofu, cooking class, so on... Anyways, here are the photos taken in action...and some stuff that interests me!


Here are some sweets that they sell in the street-different variety mochi, ginger candy, and others.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010 @ A Glimpse of Culture | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel