Sunday, August 1, 2010

Three Days in the Philippines

First of all, I would like to extend my appreciation to all the prayers you've offered to my niece Kheila. The surgery was successful and she's now discharged from the hospital. Still, praying for her fully recovery. 

For this week I'm sharing with you the Baptismal of Liandrei Luis.

Father in Heaven,
when the Spirit came down upon Jesus  at His Baptism in the Jordan, You revealed Him as Your own Beloved Son. Keep me, Your child,  born of water and the Spirit, faithful to my calling.  May I, who share in Your Life as Your child through Baptism,  follow in Christ's path of service to people. Let me become one in His Sacrifice  and hear His Word with faith.  May I live as Your child,  following the example of Jesus. Amen.


I went home for few days to witness my niece's son Christening, that made me a young grandmother! I'm also a godmother, I preferred to call godmother :) I was so excited to see him, he's so cute!

Welcome to Christian World Liandrei Luis! I Love You!
Luis has a mixture of German-Filipino from his mother, Australian-Filipino from his father, and Spanish-Filipino from us... He's only 2 months here.
Although I missed my flight and that was forfeited, I bought another one way ticket that doubled the price of my original round-trip. It's a waste of money, but bonding with family is PRICELESS.


Welcome to our hometown, Angeles City, Philippines, I grew up in this house...

The day before Luis' Baptism, everybody's busy preparing for the event...

These are some of the give-aways for the sponsors and visitors...

All set up...

This is Luis on the day of his Baptism, he was asleep all along...

When the priest started to pour water on his head, he woke up and just looked around...

Pictorials with Family, and sponsors...

More captured moments with family from Lucena City...

At home at last, for the get-together... to find more about the
reception, just go to my other page Food: Cooking and Capturing!

The day after the celebration... time for me to go back in Taipei!

Our Weekend Memoirs

25 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful baby and beautiful caring photos.
    I love Phillipino food. All the relatives join in to celebrate with family care and love. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like I was there, lani! Wonderful pix! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Spiritual Sundays. It is a pleasure to worship and praise God together for the great blessings He gives us. The baptism of this beautiful child is a testimony of the love of God. Be blessed, Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pictures...that baby is so squishable and glad your niece is doing well. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your joyous occasion and the beautiful photos with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord for this wonderful news! It looks like you had a wonderful time with your family.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad your niece is doing well.Thank you for sharing the photos of such special event.
    Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for all your comments! Have a Blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. «Louis» was happy to see that you included that beautiful baptismal prayer in your post.

    What a cute baby!

    It was a blessing to read this. Thank you for your visit and comment at «Louis'» Sunday Bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing these precious pictures of your family. Luis is so adorable!! Glad to hear your niece is doing better.

    Ruth,
    Underneath His Wrapping

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s: Just became your new follower..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweetheart he is, and what a lovely celebration surrounded by so many who love him.

    Congratulations to your family (and welcome to Summer Stock too :))!

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the comments treat! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures and commentary really blessed me! What a wonderful celebration of the life of this precious little boy! I am so impressed by how much time, money, work and care went into this great celebration! Thank you so much for letting us experience it too!

    HaPpY bLuE mOnDaY!!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful setup. Happy Christening Luis.

    My Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...international blood for a cute baby. i wonder if the parents and guests were bloggers too for they wore blue outfit for BM meme lol.

    Happy BM.

    mine is up now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! beautiful shots. Very cute kid.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet baby. I love his smile.
    What a lot of work went into the special event.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that makes you a great aunt, not a young grandmother.

    Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my Luis is very handsome little boy. Welcome to the Christian world Luis!! God bless!


    Blueberry Lane

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for letting us be a part of this great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that was a nice celebration, welcome to the Christian world...

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful ceremony and cute little baby. Congrats to your niece. Happy Blue Monday, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute, cute baby.Welcome to the Christian world from a fellow Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing this wonderful moment. And this sweet sweet baby is so lovely.

    Have you all have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010 @ A Glimpse of Culture | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel