Friday, May 7, 2010

Chinese Paper Cutting

Mandarin Learning Center @ Chinese Culture University is hosting Chinese Culture Seminars once a month for free. For the month of May is Chinese Paper Cutting using paper cutter. I remember 5 years ago, I attended the same seminar in NTNU but we only used the scissors.
I learned a lot today! I thought using paper cutter is harder than using scissors. It was a nice experience!
The figure pattern, cutter, and board. The white in the pattern will be removed.


The facilitator, she's helping me to cut the face... it was difficult for a beginner like me!


My finish product, time to stick it in a colorful background using a spray glue.


Chinese paper cutting is one of the oldest livin arts of the Chinese Culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2010 @ A Glimpse of Culture | Designs and Layout by: Design by Vhiel